No, we are closed on Saturdays.
Absolutely. We generally order your vehicle’s parts at the time that we write the estimate and schedule your vehicle for drop-off a couple of days later. This enables us to provide quicker turnaround time.
No. A car is a total loss only when the cost of repairs exceeds the insurance companies determined value of your vehicle. Nowadays, most cars are built using unibody (frame & body as one) construction. Our highly skilled technicians, with the aid of our state-of-the-art systems, can return your vehicle to its original factory specifications. If it is determined that the frame section is bent beyond repair, that section can simply be replaced.
Today’s modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized paints. Butch’s Autobody & Painting, Inc. has made a major investment in the finest paint system available and constantly upgrades its technology and equipment to ensure that each vehicle’s paint matches. We use the computerized paint system which allows us to accurately match your specific vehicle paint formula. We take special pride in our ability to match factory finishes as the final step in the restoration process. Butch’s Autobody & Painting, Inc. has a Spraybake system to ensure a factory finish for your car.
Yes. Just let your adviser know what the other work you would like done so that he can make the necessary arrangements.
Your adviser can only give you the estimate of the time it will take to complete the repairs to your vehicle. As a general rule, drivable cars are scheduled in on Monday and whenever possible delivered back to customers by Friday. Be sure to check with your adviser for the specifics on your vehicle.
Yes, we would be happy to provide this service to you if you live within a 5 mile radius or we can give you a ride to the nearest Metro Station.
If you need a rental car, we can help you make the necessary arrangements. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy. Check your policy and/or call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and what your specific limitations are.
You will be notified by phone when your vehicle is ready to be picked-up. Feel free to call or email your advisor during the repair process if you have questions or concerns.
Yes. Butch’s Autobody & Painting, Inc. has a lifetime written warranty on our repairs.
The amount of deductible that you will be responsible for is determined by your insurance policy. If you carry standard collision, you will have to pay your deductible regardless of whether your were at fault. If you carry broad collision, and you were not at fault, your insurance company most likely will waive your deductible. Insurance companies determine fault by your account of the accident when you make the claim, and by reviewing the accident report filed with the police department. If you aren’t sure about your deductible, you can call your adviser and he/she can tell you whether your insurance company has waived your deductible or whether you will be responsible to pay this when you pick-up your vehicle.
If your deductible is not waived, it will be your responsibility to pay Butch’s Auto body & Painting, Inc. when you pick-up your vehicle.
The easiest and most convenient way to pay for your portion of the repairs to your vehicle is with cashier’s check, money order or with a major credit card. We accept Visa & Mastercard. Of course, cash is always welcome. PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Parts that wear out and need replacement with time and use (i.e., tires, batteries, and suspension parts) are commonly subject to betterment charges when they are replaced during the repair process. These betterment charges are determined by your insurance company and are pro-rated based on actual miles on your vehicle.
DO’s – Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge. Always use clean fresh water. Wash your vehicle in the shade.
DON’T’s – Do not use a commercial carwash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface. Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish. Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days. Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid or windshield solvent on the new finish.
What to do if you are involved in an accident:
- Stop. Stay calm. Do not leave the scene.
- Call law enforcement authorities immediately.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your insurance company. Do not pay the other party.
- Secure the names and addresses of involved parties & witnesses.
- Have your vehicle towed to Butch’s Autobody & Painting, Inc. if not drivable. If your vehicle is drivable, see us as soon as possible.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident and that we are doing your repairs.
FACTS you should know:
- You are NOT required to get more than one estimate.
- You may have the shop of your choice make the repairs. You are not required to use a shop selected by a claims adjuster. However, you are required by your policy to allow your insurance company a reasonable amount of time to inspect the damages prior to repairing them.
- Only you, the vehicle owner, can authorize the repairs on your vehicle.
- Repair estimates will vary. A lower estimate may not include necessary things. It is your vehicle, make sure it’s repaired to your satisfaction.
- Your insurance company wants your vehicle properly repaired and you to be completely satisfied with their claims service. You have specific rights & obligations. Review your policy. Understand your rights.
- The vehicle is being repaired for you the owner. You will be required to pay for the repairs upon completion. To avoid delays, it will be up to you to secure payment from your insurance company, along with any necessary endorsements from lien holders.
- Our shop stands ready to assist you in any of these matters. We will work closely with you to minimize your inconvenience & maximize your satisfaction. This is our pledge to you.